The Story Behind This Product
In 1967 Kathrine Switzer braved snow and wind and a race director trying to shove her off the course, to be the first woman to officially run and finish the Boston Marathon, changing the running world forever. She finished that race while wearing the classic 60’s cotton sweatpants and sweatshirt, no performance fabrics, no breathability, no fitted styling.
We are excited to bring you a running pant inspired by that fateful day in Boston and designed in collaboration with Kathrine Switzer. We first updated the design to be more slimming, eliminating the frumpy look of sweats while remaining relaxed in fit. We then developed a new high-performing yet extra comfy fabric. The result is a new line of sweats with all the style and function of today, alongside the passion and fearlessness of the 60’s. We’ve also added modern features like an open pocket in the waistband and one additional hidden pocket in front, a zip pocket in back, hidden drawcord in the waist and wide cuffed leg openings.
- SoftWick fabric (Poly/Spandex)
- Inseam (med): 28.25″
- Midweight,moisture-wicking, soft peached fabric
- Relaxed fit for ultimate comfort
- Mid to high rise
- Two pockets; hidden pocket in front waistband and a zipper pocket in back
- Hidden continuous drawcord in wide waistband for adjustability
- Wide, non-restricting ankle cuffs keep pants in place
- UV 25+